What Makes Us Special?
Design Everest, Inc. has been in the business of structural design for over 13 years since it was founded in 2005. Our company consists of talented and passionate employees, which include professional licensed engineers, CAD drafters, site supervision engineers, client success managers, business operations managers and office staff. Located in San Francisco, California, our office specializes in providing structural engineering design services in all of California. Over the years, we have worked with architects, contractors, engineers, private owners, and home developers for structural engineering and building design projects.
Our World Class Team
We pride ourselves in our team. Team of engineers, drafters, customer success managers, construction project managers and our business operations management teams that serve a singular purpose to help our clients achieve high quality project success for their engineering, design and structural needs.
Strong Entrepreneurial Heritage and Business Values
- Being born in a business family, Aakash Prasad, CEO of Design Everest, has been working long-term with Gunjan Sinha, Design Everest Chairman. Gunjan is a quintessential entrepreneur and is passionate about driving change in multiple industries through technology, software and internet. Gunjan has founded successful companies, taken them public, sold them to other public companies. He has mentored number of entrepreneurs and CEOs around the globe and brings disciplined strategy and experience to Design Everest’s mission of improving lives of people through design and technology. Gunjan is also passionate about social causes and social entrepreneurship. Aakash Prasad, CEO of Design Everest, started young on his entrepreneurial journey, and grew up dreaming about how to improve physical spaces and structures, inspired by his father (who is a veteran and passionate CA licensed engineer with over 20+ years of experience). Aakash has been involved with number of venture backed companies and brings obsessive focus to structural quality, business integrity and client success. He exemplifies responsiveness and quality to enable others to follow his lead in customer service and quality. He prides in graduating from UC Berkeley in 3 years with EECS degree while he self-trained himself on the exciting concepts of building designs!
Super Passionate and Customer Focused Team
- Bryce Word, Director of Customer Success Management, is a consummate sales and project management professional with over 8 years of comprehensive project experience as an owner’s representative and a general contractor. He is extremely well versed in the construction industry having worked on a plethora of high value domestic projects including life science, technology-oriented corporate office, high-end retail, and luxury multi-family in San Francisco and Honolulu. He holds an MBA from Kellogg School of Management and is adept at handling high pressure situations at all levels.
- Joshua Krumm, Customer Success Manager, is dedicated to being a sales ninja having worked at leading organizations like Citibank and Certified Home Inspections. He builds sales bases by prospecting new clients and ports the values of discipline, hard-work and integrity he teaches the Boy Scouts of America to his role at Design Everest.
- Thomas Akins, Customer Success Manager, Sales professional from the San Francisco Bay Area with 8 years of experience taking care of the customer and a lover of learning. The Mind of the Customer, Strengths Based Selling, Zero to One, and Built to Last are some of my favorite books. He has built, released, and marketed software products as well as partnered with international vendors to brand label product, so being assertive, persistent and hardworking are a natural part of his character. He understands how important it is to put the customer first and treat every customer like they are the last. He has an entrepreneurial spirit, go-getter mentality, and diligent attitude and he loves sales.
- Jason Zwinggi, SE, Principal Structural Engineer, has always loved the field of structural engineering and has pursued this passion for over 15 years. He is well recognized for his work in California having been associated with some of the most prestigious civil engineering firms. He brings unparalleled expertise in all kinds of structures including bridges, foundations, retaining walls, custom homes along with a keen eye for contract management and value engineering.
- Matthew Burkert, Director of Engineering, is a CA Licensed Professional Engineer with experience designing residential projects all over the city of San Francisco, specifically focusing on retrofitting seismically-hazardous structures. Now, with Design Everest, he oversees the engineering team and works to create improvements within the company and the industry. In his free time, he enjoys playing ultimate frisbee and board games.
- Mayank Sharan, Operations, is a structural engineer with over 8 years of experience & has worked with some of world's largest EPC companies providing engineering solutions for wide range of structures (from residential buildings to industrial facilities) catering to clients all over the globe. He is also a certified quality system auditor. Now, with Design Everest, he is entrusted to provide us with a high quality delivery system driven on technology, process optimizations & standardizations.
- Mark Ostler, Legal Counsel, is an attorney with over 37 years of experience in corporations, taxation, commercial, construction, civil litigation and employment law. He has advised a multitude of global companies in various transactions like GlobalWare Solutions, Genesis Semiconductor, Inc., The StrataFusion Group, Inc and Thetford Capital, LLC.
- Utsav Mukherjee, In-House Law Clerk, has worked with some of the largest law firms in the world and advised multi-national companies like Bayer, Merck, Infosys, Standard Chartered and Goldman Sachs. He has over seven years’ experience across four different countries and holds a master of laws degree from Berkeley Law. He has worked intimately with companies of various stages and sizes and has advised on contract negotiations, business management and operation strategies.
- Peter Pavich, Business Development Manager, has over 20 years of experience in sales and market development for both large and small organizations. Peter’s entrepreneurial spirit, leadership and focus on channel sales led to a start-up acquisition of more than $100M. He has also worked with some of the country’s largest firms in the financial and asset management industries. Peter holds an MBA from the University of Phoenix.
- Jing Wang-Iglesia, Manager of Recruiting, is an international recruiting specialist whose expertise lies in talent sourcing, developing and executing search strategies specific to the industry, cultural fit and technical requirements. She is an all-round people person who enjoys fitting the best talent to the best role, an imperative requirement in the engineering industry.
- Tajni Diller, Manager of Accounting Services, is passionate about helping small business owners follow the dreams that led them to starting and running their own successful and long-lasting businesses. She and her team focusses on client bookkeeping and tax preparation and has even worked with the IRS as a volunteer.
- Caligari Lindsay, Accounting Advisor, has hands-on knowledge of key performance metric management, automating sales activity reporting systems, developing detailed actionable financial plans and roadmaps for over thirty years. He enjoys the challenge of developing and sustaining the growth of businesses into multi-million dollar corporations.
- Sameer Sugwekar, Marketing Advisor, is a results driven, team and individual contributor with 15 years of Strategic and Tactical Digital Marketing Experience doing End-to-End Lead Generation, Lead Nurture & Sales Empowerment. His marketing methodology is analytics driven and has been finely tuned at various Silicon Valley companies. His approach is simple: target a niche audience, create a niche pitch targeting what they are looking for, and optimize the conversions all the way to desired results.
- Atul Dongargaonkar B.Eng, MSc, Marketing Manager, has over 7 years experience engineering modular steel structures against static and dynamic loads. He has been associated with some of the world leading engineering firms and EPC contractors, and has worked with several domestic and international clients and design codes in a wide variety of projects. He is well versed with the AEC industry and understands client expectations. He brings invaluable experience to the team.
- Shellye Archambeau, Board Director for Design Everest, Nordstroms and Verizon, is the former CEO of MetricStream, a Silicon Valley-based Governance, Risk, Compliance (GRC) apps company that helps organizations around the world improve their business performance. Under Archambeau's 14 years of leadership, MetricStream has grown from a newly-formed company in 2004 into a recognized global market leader with nearly 1,500 employees globally, as of 2018. The company has been recognized for growth, product innovation, and customer success, and has been consistently named a leader in GRC by leading independent analyst firms. In April 2013, Archambeau was named the “#2 Most Influential African American in Technology” by Business Insider. She previously held senior positions with IBM during a 15-year-long career there. In addition to Design Everest, Shellye also serves as an independent board director at Nordstroms and Verizon.
- Michael Hungerford, Advisor, is at the helm of Hungerford Properties’ development projects. Michael oversees all aspects of the portfolio’s residential and commercial developments from start to finish, including rezoning, design, planning, marketing, construction, financing, sales and completion. In the two years alone, under Michael’s direction, Hungerford Properties’ developments have won over 15 national and regional awards, including best multi-family low rise development in British Columbia. Prior to joining Hungerford Properties 8 years ago, Michael was the Head of World Wide Business and Corporate Development & World Wide Sales Operations for eGain Communications (NASDAQ: EGAN), based in Palo Alto, California. As a founding executive, Michael grew eGain from a business plan to a publicly traded company; through 3 acquisitions totaling $250MM, capital raising of US$160MM, and a peak of US$53MM in annual sales with operations in over 30 countries.
Part of Our Family: Our Affiliates and Partners
Design Everest works closely with architects, builders, engineers, property managers to bring real success to each and every project that we take on for design and structural integrity and engineering. We have dozens of architects, engineers, project managers, builders who are always working with us in a collaborative manner to deliver true success and quality to each and every project that we undertake – keeping costs down, delivering on-time and on-quality engineering and design services. Our team works in close coordination with all of our affiliates and partners to ensure that each project has a high success rate. Having completed over 1000+ projects in our 10+ year history, we have had well over 99% success rate, and very high ratings by our clients across all types of projects.