Today, we bring you our newsletter on Seismic Retrofit. Earthquakes in California are a common phenomenon, yesterday’s earthquake in San Jose or the earthquake in Southern California earlier in the month keep reminding us of the importance of Seismic Retrofitting our homes.
Cities such as Los Angeles, San Francisco, Berkeley, Long Beach, Alameda, Beverly Hills, Burbank, Fremont, Santa Monica, Oakland, and West Hollywood have passed ordinances for mandatory retrofit of soft-story buildings to help prevent and minimize the damage to property from earthquakes. Get a seismic retrofit evaluation for your home now! Be prepared for the next big one!
How to go about Seismic Retrofit? Where to start? Does your home require retrofit?
We can help you answer these questions, here’s how —
- We gather basic information about your property – address, built year, square footage, any modifications done to the original property and documents (structural or architectural plans if you possess them)
- Once we have this information we can conduct a Structural Site Survey. The engineer visiting your property will take a look at the current condition and determine the level of retrofit
- Do you have plans to remodel or do an addition to your home? No worries we can include all of this together in a single package deal.
- Still unsure? No worries. With the help of our Teleconstruction services, we can do a Virtual Consultation and Feasibility Study for you after the engineer has visited your property.
Have a look at some articles regarding Seismic Retrofit to help you gain more understanding
- Common lateral force resisting systems used for soft story retrofits and their benefits/trade-offs
- What You Should Know About Seismic Retrofits in LA
- How Seismic Retrofits Helped Minimize the Damage of the Ridgecrest Earthquakes
Location – Orinda, CA
Highlights: Architecture and Structural Engineering for seismic retrofit and an addition of 921 sq.ft. of 2nd floor to an existing single-story single-family home
Location – San Jose, CA
Highlights: Structural Engineering for seismic retrofit of a ~3,600 sq.ft. retail store.
About Design Everest Engineering
Design Everest is a pre-construction management service provider, highly experienced in all types of residential and commercial engineering and design services. We have completed 4500+ projects since 2005. We are a One-Stop-Shop for complete Design and Engineering services required for addition, remodeling, ADU, commercial tenant improvement, residential and commercial seismic retrofits, and residential and commercial ground-up construction projects.
We provide the following services:
- On-Site Evaluations
- 3D Rendering and 3D Modeling
- Structural Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- MEP engineering
- Permit Submission
- Construction Administration Support at the time of Construction
Customer Success Stories