We hope you and your loved ones are safe and healthy during these unique times. We are here today with our newsletter on Mechanical (HVAC), Electrical & Plumbing System Plans. The occupants of Commercial establishments as well as Residential buildings can benefit a great deal from having a well designed MEP system in place as this is crucial for ensuring an uninterrupted, comfortable and seamless building functionality.
Why is MEP engineering required?
For medium to large sized residential buildings and for most commercial construction, the Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing aspects of the building design are often required to be designed by licensed MEP engineers. It is important to have an appropriate integrated system designed which focuses on safety, system efficiency, potential cost reduction, ease of system operations & maintenance, functional needs of the occupants, as well as the Architect’s vision for the building.
What do the Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing permit sets entail?
Mechanical Permit Set
- HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, & Air Conditioning) System Design
- Smoke evacuation & control
- Process piping/ Piping & duct design
- Refrigeration & Steam Boiler plant
- Commercial Kitchen hood design & calculations
Electrical Permit Set
- Power generation, distribution & power services upgrade
- Load Calculations and Panel Schedules
- Lighting and controls (Layout for the electrical floor power & lighting)
- Emergency lighting (incl. UPS systems)
- Energy conservation
Plumbing Permit Set
- Domestic water sizing and distribution systems
- Sewage ejector system design
- Sanitary waste & vent system design
- Pools & Fountain plumbing system design
- Grease Trap Design for Commercial Kitchen
How can we help you get started with your new project?
- Teleconstruction Appointment: Teleconstruction service helps you to consult with our team virtually and safely. Schedule one today!
- Our team has experience delivering MEP Design permit sets across California for various Residential & Commercial building functions like Hotels, Commercial Kitchen, Offices, Data Centers, Mixed-use buildings, and other multi-family homes.
- You can discuss your project ideas during your Teleconstruction Appointment, and if possible, share any related documents you might have with you.
- Get answers to your questions related to permits, regulations, scope, design, end-to-end process, ROI, and others.
- Based on the information, we will send you a quotation and timeline for the project.
- Once we finalize the agreement with you, we can start working on your project right away!
Here are some informative articles about HVAC system
Upgrading Your HVAC System and Placing it on the Roof
To learn more about our various other completed projects click here.
Select On-going Projects
Location – Hayward, CA (Developer: Vic Gill)
- Tenant Improvement of a 2,363 sq. ft. lounge (incl. new kitchen equipment)
- Mechanical design plans for the installation of a new HVAC system
- Electrical design plans for the new lighting and electrical fans of the main lounge area and the mezzanine floor
- Plumbing design plans for the hot/cold water and wastewater systems for the lounge and mezzanine office area
Location – Hayward, CA (Developer: Tim Bauters)
Highlights: Click here to view more images of the project
- Tenant Improvement of a 2-storey office and warehouse building of 9,840 sq. ft.
- Architecture plans (via industry partners) to make the offices ADA compliant
- Electrical & Plumbing system design with equipment anchorage calculations
About Design Everest
Design Everest is a pre-construction permit sets provider, highly experienced in all types of Residential and Commercial design and engineering services. We have experience in working on 4500+ projects since 2005. We are a One-Stop-Shop for complete design and engineering services required for residential and commercial ground-up construction, addition, remodeling, ADU, commercial tenant improvement, and residential and commercial seismic retrofit projects.
We provide the following services:
- On-Site Evaluations
- 3D Rendering and 3D Modeling
- Structural Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- MEP engineering
- Permit Submission
- Construction Administration Support at the time of Construction
Customer Success Story