• What are structural engineering plans?

    Structural engineering plans are a type of Engineering drawing for how a building will be built. Structural drawings are generally prepared by licensed professional engineers. They are primarily concerned with the load-carrying members of a structure. They outline the size and types of materials to be used, as well as the general demands for connections. The structural drawings communicate the design of the building’s structure to the building authority to review. These plans also become part of the contract documents which guide contractors in detailing, fabricating, and installing parts of the structure.

  • What are Title 24 energy calculations?

    Title 24 energy calculations are required in California to show that a building meets energy efficiency standards for residential and non-residential buildings, in order to reduce California’s energy consumption. Before a city or county in California grants a building permit they will ask that you submit a Title 24 energy report (also called Title 24 energy calculations).

  • Are addressing plan check comments included in your price?

    Yes! Plan check comments from the appropriate local jurisdiction on our scope of work are included in our price quote.

  • When can I get a construction quote for my project?

    The engineering plans tell your contractor how to construct your project. Once our plans are done, contractors will be able to estimate materials and labor to give you a bid for your construction.

  • What is your engineer license number?

    We have many engineers who each have their own license number. If you would like to know more about our engineers, please reach out to us and one of our Customer Success Managers can elaborate.

  • Can you refer me to contractors for my project?

    Yes! Over the years we have worked with wonderful local contractors and can refer them to you for your project.

  • What is the process after I get your plans?

    After the plans are done, they go to your city or county’s Building & Planning department for plan check. Depending on the city or county, smaller projects can sometimes be permitted over the counter. Most projects go through plan check and its duration will vary based on your local jurisdiction.

  • How long does design and engineering work take?

    It depends on each project and the scope of work. Design and engineering can take anywhere from a few days to several weeks depending on how involved your project is and how well you know what you want at the start of the project.

  • What information helps Design Everest put together a quote?
    • Description of the work
    • Location of the structure
    • Desired timetable
    • Built drawings (not necessary, but helpful if available)
    • Photos (not necessary, but helpful if available)
  • Do you provide free on-site evaluations?

    We do not provide free on-site evaluations. Our paid engagements may include on-site evaluations, and this fee will be part of the overall price quote we create for you. To stay competitive, we utilize our engineer's hours judiciously and only engage them for paid engagement field visits when necessary.

  • What are as-builts?

    As-built drawings are an accurate representation for both commercial and residential structures of existing conditions and typically consist of floor plans, elevations, and roof plans. We can help create detailed structural, mechanical and electrical as-builts showing structural members, plumbing fixtures, HVAC registers, power, data lighting, and electrical outlets. As-builts serve to (1) assist a design professional in their preparation of contract documents for new construction, and (2) provide an accurate reference of existing building conditions for the Building and Planning authority when seeking approval for new construction.

Get A Free Consultation